Charter Airports

Notice a problem or have questions about the schedules?

Moderator: UAL007 Jonathan Kost

UAL043 David Cross

Charter Airports

Post by UAL043 David Cross » February 27th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Is it possible to add an airport to the SmartCars database. When attempting to set a flight from KYKM ( Yakima Air Terminal ) the airport is not listed. Therefore I was unable to use the ACARS for the Charter and had to submit a Manuel PIREP. This will be helpful, due to this is a toward airport on Pilot Edge and used frequently. Thanks.
Dave.
UAL210.
--
David Cross – UAL043

Chicago – O’Hare

Assistant Hub Manager

kordahm@virtualunitedairlines.org

UAL007 Jonathan Kost
VP of Scheduling

Re: Charter Airports

Post by UAL007 Jonathan Kost » February 28th, 2018, 12:17 am

Dave,

SmartCars will not allow you to charter to airports in our database. While our database is immense, it does not and will not for the foreseeable future have all the airports listed. Kcars will allow you to charter into airports that are not in our database. I rarely use SmartCars. Stuck on our old acars.

Thanks

UAL043 David Cross

Post by UAL043 David Cross » February 28th, 2018, 12:51 am

UAL007 Jonathan Kost wrote:
February 28th, 2018, 12:17 am
Dave,

SmartCars will not allow you to charter to airports in our database. While our database is immense, it does not and will not for the foreseeable future have all the airports listed. Kcars will allow you to charter into airports that are not in our database. I rarely use SmartCars. Stuck on our old acars.

Thanks
You must be on a MAC. I inquired about the two systems and the responce was the smart cars is the way to go. I read mac users have no choice but use the old system. I looked at some of your PIREP'S. Pretty cool how much more info that program documents. But i do like the way the newer one gives audible announcements for taxi etc. And it's no big deal that an airport can't be added or won't be added. I fly way more than once a month so I'm good on the reporting policy lol. Thanks for the info. : )
Dave.
--
David Cross – UAL043

Chicago – O’Hare

Assistant Hub Manager

kordahm@virtualunitedairlines.org

UAL007 Jonathan Kost
VP of Scheduling

Post by UAL007 Jonathan Kost » February 28th, 2018, 2:07 pm

No Mac. PC all the way.